(NEW 02-04-2015) Federal Register Notice of February 28, 2015 invites comments from the public by March 30, 2015. No changes are proposed; this is for the standard 3-year renewal of the form by OMB.
Current Form D and Instructions Now in Effect for reports as-of December 2013 and afterwards:
- There is no federal register notice for the December 2013 update of the country list. The revision of the country list for all TIC reporting forms became effective for reports as of December 2013 and afterwards. [FYI: On 4-25-2013 the effective date was changed to December 2013, from June 2013.]
- Form D (effective for reports as-of December 2013 and thereafter) -- Holdings of, and Transactions in, Financial Derivatives.
(Corrections: 6-14-2013) The form was updated to the new country list. (11-1-2013) The order of the two names in country code 3647-1 was changed to read "St. Barthelemy and St. Martin". (11-26-2013) Several minor changes were made on the cover page of the form: (a) the expiration date was corrected in the upper box on the right-side column; (b) in the "notes" box in the right-side column, the four notes were numbered 1 through 4; and (c) a reference to E.O. 11961 was included in the “Legal” box in the center column.
- There are no changes to the instructions. Instructions for Form D (effective for reports as-of end-June 2012 and afterwards).
- The following is more information on the new lists of countries and foreign official institutions:
-- Geographical Classification (revised for December 2013) with codes for foreign countries, areas, and organizations.
-- Selected foreign official institutions (revised for December 2013).
Expired Form D (expired after report as-of November 2013):
- Form D , Holdings of, and Transactions in, Financial Derivatives. Effective for the reports as-of end-June 2012 through November 2013. There were no changes in the reporting requirements for the rows. The titles of two rows in Part 1 were changed to clarify what is to be reported: the title of row 2.a was changed to FORWARDS AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE SWAPS from FORWARDS, and row 2.b was changed to CURRENCY SWAPS in place of SWAPS.
- Instructions for Form D (effective for reports as-of end-June 2012 and afterwards). The reporting deadline was shortened from 60 calendar days to 50 calendar days following the report’s as-of date. The other changes in the instructions were not substantive. Vertical bars in the text show the changes made from the March 2009 instructions.
- Federal Register Notice of September 2011 invited comments from the public by November 14, 2011. The proposed changes were described in the section called "Current Actions". OMB approved the revisions for Form D in May 2012.
Previous Form D and Instructions:
Seminar Information:A Training Seminar
on TIC Form D was held for respondents in 2007 at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The TIC Form D is part of the Treasury International Capital (TIC) data reporting system, which is required by law (22 U.S.C. 286f; 22 U.S.C. 3103; E.O. 10033; 31 C.F.R. 128), and is designed to gather quarterly and reliable information on the cross-border holdings of financial derivatives and on net settlement payments resulting from transactions in financial derivatives. This information is necessary for compiling the U.S. balance of payments accounts and the U.S. international investment position, and for formulating U.S. international financial and monetary policies.
Who Reports on the Form D:
All U.S. resident participants in derivatives markets that hold large amounts of financial derivatives contracts with foreign resident counterparties. (See Part I.D of the instructions for list of organizations included).
Historical Forms and Instructions:
First Form D (effective for reports as-of March 2005 through March 2006).
- Previous Form D , Holdings of, and Transactions in, Financial Derivatives(effective for reports as-of June 2006 through Dec 2008). The only change in the form was an expanded list of countries in the country column; the instructions were unchanged.