Knowledge and experience are the keys to carrying out the Treasury mission. Treasury offers on-the-job training, supervisory and management training, executive development and specialized training. These developmental opportunities provide you with unprecedented opportunities to gain expert knowledge, develop your career, and stay a step ahead of changing technology and industry.
At Treasury, here are few examples of the training and development programs we offer:
- As a new employees, you’ll be attending a briefing that will familiarize you with Treasury and all of its Bureaus and functions.
- Treasury provides employees with instructor-led, computer-based and self-study training opportunities in a wide spectrum of technical disciplines in support of Treasury’s mission.
- Training is offered using traditional classrooms, computer laboratories, internet based systems and on-the-job training.
- Whether in the classroom or simulator, on-line, or through on-the-job training and self-study, our training programs provide our professionals with the latest information and valuable practical experience. Comprehensive group training programs are offered for executive, supervisory and management development, including training in equal opportunity and diversity.
- Courses that provide education in a variety of areas are offered on-site or at local colleges and universities. Treasury may pay tuition and fees for job-related courses taken at approved colleges and universities at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The Department of the Treasury operates the Treasury Executive Institute (TEI). TEI is a forum for Treasury executives, career development candidates and senior managers to come together to develop executive competencies and to explore the best leadership practices and new technologies. TEI regularly provides sessions on valuing diversity in the workplace as well as sessions that are focused on leadership and career development.