Skip to content Skip to footer site map

Navigate Up
Sign In
Treasury For...
AboutExpand About
Resource CenterExpand Resource Center
ServicesExpand Services
InitiativesExpand Initiatives
CareersExpand Careers
Connect with UsExpand Connect with Us


 OFAC License Application Page

A license is an authorization from OFAC to engage in a transaction that otherwise would be prohibited. To apply for a license, click the link below or scroll down for more information on the different licensing categories.
Click on this button to apply for an OFAC license
 Image of an unlocked lock

Release of Blocked Funds

If your funds have been blocked or "frozen" by a financial institution or other party due to a possible link to OFAC-administered sanctions, you may apply for a specific license by clicking the Apply for a License button above. Select "Release of Blocked Funds" as the application type on the first page of the application.
 Image of an airplane on a blue background

Travel to Cuba


Do you have questions about traveling to Cuba? Please review the Frequently Asked Questions regarding recent changes in Cuba sanctions policy. Additional information about Cuba travel and the 12 categories of general licenses related to Cuba travel can be found on OFAC's Cuba Sanctions page. Please note that the U.S. Department of the Treasury does not issue visas to travel to Cuba. For more information on visas to travel to Cuba please visit the Department of State's website on International Travel for Cuba and visit the section of this site labeled, "Entry, Exit & Visa Requirements."

 Image of a blue first aid kit

Agricultural and Medical Activities in Iran and Sudan


For information related to licenses authorizing exports of agricultural commodities, medicine, and medical devices to Iran and Sudan pursuant to the Trade Sanctions Reform and Export Enhancement Act of 2000 (TSRA), please see our TSRA page, TSRA Frequently Asked Questions, and TSRA Application Guidelines.

 Image of a blue circle with the letters FAQ inside

Frequently Asked Questions on OFAC Licenses


For additional information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions regarding OFAC licenses and licensing procedures.

 Image of a telephone on a blue background

Contact OFAC's Licensing Division


If you have any questions about the application process, please contact OFAC's Licensing Division at (202) 622-2480.

Bookmark and Share
Last Updated: 4/29/2016 2:55 PM