Sign up for Central African Republic Sanctions e-mail updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
OFAC has compiled hundreds of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about its sanctions programs and related policies. The link below sends the user to the entire list of OFAC's FAQs.
OFAC issues interpretive guidance on specific issues related to the sanctions programs it administers. These interpretations of OFAC policy are sometimes published in response to a public request for guidance or may be released proactively by OFAC in order to address a complex topic.
Applying for a Specific OFAC License
It may be in your and the U.S. government’s interest to authorize particular economic activity related to the Central African Republic Sanctions. Visit the link below to apply for an OFAC license.
Guidance on OFAC Licensing Policy
Certain activities related to the Central African Republic Sanctions may be allowed if they are licensed by OFAC. Below OFAC has issued guidance and statements on specific licensing policies as they relate to the Central African Republic Sanctions.
- Licenses for Legal Fees and Costs - Guidance on the Release of Limited Amounts of Blocked Funds for Payment of Legal Fees and Costs Incurred in Challenging the Blocking of U.S. Persons in Administrative or Civil Proceedings
- Entities Owned By Blocked Persons - Guidance On Entities Owned By Persons Whose Property And Interests In Property Are Blocked
Legal Framework for the Central African Republic Sanctions
The Central African Republic Sanctions program represents the implementation of multiple legal authorities. Some of these authorities are in the form of an executive order issued by the President. Other authorities are public laws (statutes) passed by The Congress. These authorities are further codified by OFAC in its regulations which are published the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- 13667 - Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic (May 13, 2014)
Code of Federal Regulations
- 31 CFR 553 - Central African Republic Sanctions Regulations
Federal Register Notices
- 79 FR 38248 - Final rule adding the Central African Republic Sanctions Regulations