Media inquiries can be directed to David Barnes, Public Affairs Liaison TIGTAcommunications@tigta.treas.gov, or (202) 622-3062.
- May 4, 2016 - Opportunities Exist to Identify and Examine Individual Taxpayers Who Deduct Potential Hobby Losses to Offset Other Income
- May 3, 2016 - Affordable Care Act: IRS Verification of Premium Tax Credit Claims During the 2015 Filing Season
- April 28, 2016 - Revising Tax Debt Identification Programming and Correcting Procedural Errors Could Improve the Tax Refund Offset Program
- April 21, 2016 - TIGTA Releases Its Interim Report of the 2016 Tax Filing Season
- April 15, 2016 - An Ongoing Challenge: Implementation of the Internal Revenue Service Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998
- March 21, 2016 - TIGTA Sees Improvement in Conference Spending Controls at IRS
- March 17, 2016 - J. Russell George Urges Taxpayers to Remain Vigilant Against Scammers
- March 8, 2016 - Inconsistent Use of Over-age Correspondence Lists Contributes to Taxpayer Burden and Unnecessary Interest Payments
- March 7, 2016 - Management Oversight of the Tier II Environment Backup and Restoration Process Needs Improvement
- February 8, 2016 - IRS Needs Processes To Ensure Reliability of Unemployment Files and to Work Multi-State Cases
- February 4, 2016 - Accounting and Controls Need to be Improved for Excess Collections
- January 28, 2016 - To Increase Detection, the IRS Needs to Refine its Return Review Program Identity Theft Models
- January 20, 2016 - J. Russell George Urges Taxpayers to Remain on "High Alert"